May 16, 2012

Zipper tag

This tag is heavily inspired by a tag I found over at Pinterest. I just loved the zipper idea. I used it for the card and top hat for my stepsons confirmation, but I really wanted to make a feminine one as well. The inspirationtag is fantastic and I love it, but actually I love mine too. Isn't that great? When you make something and even love it yourself - does not happen to often for me, I am my own worst enemy and critic *lol*

Anyway - here is my tag!


I colored the whole tag with Distress Stain barn door and then sprayed Perfect Pearl mist over it and dried it with a heat gun. Then I added a piece of lace at the top and a ticket that I printed out. 


Over this I glued down my zipper but added lace on the inside of it first. Over this I glued down paper. This is from Bo Bunny, the Timepiece collection. I distressed the egdes and curled up the sides to fit the zipper. Stamped some postmarks to it and distressed all around the egdes with Walnut stain. Then added tre rosebuds and a big heart inside.



I added a piece of lace at the bottom of the tag and covered it with white roses in three sizes. Added some little red pearls in between and some stickles to the center of the three big roses. 
All my roses is from Wild Orchids Craft.



The ticket is selfmade - I am very happy with that one. I made it in Photoshop and it has kind of a jeanstexture to it. And then finaly added the metal charm using a safetypin.



 I love it! :) I love the contrast between the brown and the roman numbers up against the pure white roses.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp and Show... - Anything Goes
 Cheerful Stamp Pad -  Tags 
Wild Orchid Challenge -  Anything Goes 

I am proud to say that I made top 3 over at Wild Orchid Challenge with this tag :)



14 comments:

Linda w said...

Wow, I've not seen anything like this and i love it. I'm going to be giving this a try. Thanks for passing on the inspiration. Hugs lin

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous, I love the zip and paper. The heart is lovely as ate your flowers . Gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Candy C said...

Very cool tag!!! I love the vintage-ness of it! I especially LOVE the zipper! That looks so amazing! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Tammy Ortiz said...

This is so adorable.
I love it.

Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
I hope to see you enter next week!!
Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

MaxineD said...

So glad you have shared this it is wonderful - love the zip idea - is it real? or a paper one???
Very sweet and so many contrasts with the brown and white and lace and roses............ stunning, elegant, breathtaking..... love your art Gunn.
Blessings
Maxine

Michele said...

this is so different, so creative and so pretty! thank you for joining the "tags" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad. xo

Tammy Ortiz said...

This is So Adorable. I love this So much.

Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
I hope to see you enter next week!!
Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

Kim Bell said...

Wow what creativity!! It is amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

Hugz
KIM

Tricia said...

Wow, that is a truly unique creation. Thank you so much for joining us at the cheerful stamp pad.

Anonymous said...

Nydelig.
Jeg synes ideen med glidelåsen var smart. Jeg trodde du hadde brukt never til det brune. Kanskje burde du få med deg litt av neveren min.
mAMMA

Vicki Romaine said...

This is awesome. I love your zipper idea. Thanks so much for sharing by entering "Tags" at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Anne (Moseplassen) said...

gosj, så kult å bruke glidelås som en del av collagen! Stilig. Scrapping er ikke min greie, men jeg blir alltid like imponert av hva du og andre finner på :)

Kylie said...

oh WoW!! This is stunning!
Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenges.
Hugs Kylie

Bev said...

Beautiful tag, thanks for joining us at WOC this time x